03 Sep Makes Sense Tax Saving Services
Welcome to our Tax Saving Services
With the ever increasing complexity of taxation and the penalties for non-compliance, our portfolio of tax services can provide invaluable support for you and your business.
We at Makes Sense take pride in providing proactive business planning and advisory services, which go far beyond traditional accountancy and tax compliance work. From the day to day running of your business to planning for the future, our tax accounting services will ensure that best possible advice is given so to minimise your tax obligations now and in the future.
We offer compliance and advisory services to clients of all backgrounds, from high net worth individuals to R40 repayment claims. We provide a dedicated personal service to every client.
Due to the size of the firm, our clients receive an incomparable, personalised and quality service.
Our team are able to assist clients with all basic tax compliance obligations as well as providing ad hoc planning advice. We focus on providing bespoke tax advice. We look to find long term solutions which minimise our client’s tax liability whilst maintaining the flexibility to meet their current and future needs.
We place a great deal of value on creating long term relationships based on insight, integrity, communication and a consistent, personal approach. We will help steer you through the financial maze of setting up companies, trusts, identifying tax efficient investments and planning to minimise inheritance and capital gains tax.
We review our clients overall tax and financial positions; allowing us to identify tax planning opportunities whilst getting a better understanding of client affairs. We pride ourselves on providing high quality pro-active private client tax services to individuals and their businesses.
- Full tax return services to individuals, partnerships, trusts and employment benefits trust
- Capital gains computations, including analysis of reliefs available
- Trust administration including preparation of annual accounts and income certificates for beneficiaries
- Inheritance tax returns for lifetimes events, e.g. 10 year charges and exit
Income tax planning
- Advising on structures for new ventures e.g. property development and investment
- Liaising with pension advisors regarding tax efficient investments such as Bond structures, Venture Capital Trusts & Enterprise Investment Schemes
- Basic profit extraction planning (salary vs dividend)
- Maximising pension relief
- Making use of personal allowances and lower rate tax bands
- Making the best use of income tax losses
- Residence and remittance planning
- Structuring of property income and maximising rental expenses
Capital Gains Planning
- Pre-sale planning including entrepreneur’s relief, utilising loss relief and exemptions
- Timing of disposal of assets i.e. for individual leaving or entering the UK
- Post sale planning, enterprise investment scheme reinvestment, rollover relief
- Tax planning and the second home (principal private residence relief)
- Advising trusts regarding the distribution of assets
- Separation and divorce
- Post death planning
- Capital gains and offshore trusts
Inheritance Tax Planning
- Inheritance tax reviews, highlighting current tax exposure and suggested planning to mitigate tax e.g. lifetime gifts, life assurance
- Use of tax efficient wills
- Use of trusts as part of planning
- Succession planning for businesses
- Pre-owned assets
For free initial consultation and report about how you can save taxes contact Tim now on 07920 141762.